Senior Director, Justice 40 Accelerator – National Strategic Engagement Team
Elevate’s Senior Director, Justice 40 Accelerator supports Elevate’s mission by leading equity-focused programs and projects that support building the capacity of community-based organizations to implement community-driven climate solutions. The position requires developing authentic relationships with community leaders and key partners, identifying and connecting people and resources, and designing, implementing, and evaluating programs to ensure equity and community are centered. The Senior Director collaborates across the organization with all departments as well as with key partner organizations.
The Senior Director, Justice 40 Accelerator reports to the Chief Strategy Officer. This position is a national role and is currently remote.
- Lead the design, development, and strategy focused on supporting local capacity-building to implement climate solutions, including but not limited to the Justice40 Accelerator.
- Manage day-to-day program/project implementation to provide high-quality, equity- and community-centered program delivery and create a collaborative, supportive working environment for project team members and partners.
- Co-lead or support Elevate’s Executive Leadership and key partners with program and project fundraising and grant reporting.
- Manage project budgets and the program budget within the National Strategic Engagement department, including developing and monitoring project and annual budget performance and evaluating and pursing opportunities to fill budget gaps.
- Connect partner organizations and program participants with expertise and resources from across Elevate and the broader climate and energy ecosystem through Elevate’s relationships.
- Represent Elevate externally with partner organizations and community-based organizations by providing superior customer service and project/program delivery and demonstrating organizational values, commitment to equity, and principles of partnership.
- Stay current on federal, state, local policies and initiatives related to Justice40, clean energy, energy and water efficiency, climate resilience, and available funding opportunities.
- Serve as an expert in specialized area and provide expert opinions as required.
- Communicate regular project/program updates and results to internal staff and external stakeholders.
- Represent Elevate with local, state, and national climate and energy stakeholders at meetings, conferences, etc.
- Provide training and/or guidance to others within Elevate and program partner teams as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required or relevant lived experience; Graduate degree, project management certification, and/or equivalent work experience in Public Policy, Business Administration, or related field preferred
- Ten or more (10+) years of relevant experience in municipal/community, efficiency, utility, or other related work
- Experience successfully managing projects on time and on budget
- Knowledge and ability to apply problem solving approaches
- Skilled in recognizing and amplifying the vision of community leaders
- Commitment to equity, quality, collaboration, and accountability
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, foster meaningful and authentic relationships, facilitate collaboration, motivate others, and communicate with all management levels
- Willingness to travel as required
We design and implement programs that reduce costs, protect people and the environment, and ensure the benefits of clean and efficient energy use reach those who need them most.
At Elevate, the greatest asset of our organization is the kind of people we attract. Elevate employees co-create our energetic and collaborative environment, where constant learning and service to others take priority. We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of innovation and we seek dynamic, hardworking team members who are inspired to work with people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Every day we make a difference by placing our team, clients, and community partners first. From our mission to our focus on staff well-being and career development opportunities, there’s no better place to grow your career than Elevate.
The total compensation for this position includes health and welfare benefits (medical, dental, vision, etc.), defined contribution benefit (401k with contribution), professional development, generous paid time off policies, and a flexible schedule. This is an exempt People Manager position with a salary range of $120,000 – $140,000, based on experience.
Elevate is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age disability, veteran status, or marital status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Elevate will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace, and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation, or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to Elevate. Contact the People Team with any questions or requests for accommodations.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through our candidate portal at https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/. Search for “Senior Director, Justice 40 Accelerator ” to find the position listing.
Please note that Elevate will only contact candidates via an elevatenp.org email address. We will never ask a candidate for payment of any kind as part of the hiring or onboarding process or send payment to any candidate prior to completing the hiring and onboarding process.
No phone calls please.