Project Manager, Community Programs (MI)
Project Manager, Community Programs (MI)
The Project Manager, Community Programs (MI) leads the implementation of projects and small programs, maintains client relationships, and assists with program development for specific initiatives related to affordable housing and sustainable communities with an emphasis on energy and water efficiency and renewable energy. Many projects focus on utility affordability, building decarbonization, renewable energy access, climate planning, and/or community resilience. This position requires some technical background in building science, construction management, energy auditing, or energy engineering. The Project Manager, Community Programs (MI) collaborates with others in the Michigan team and with core service departments of Elevate, as well as key partner organizations in Michigan.
The Project Manager reports directly to the Associate Director, Community Programs (MI). The position is located in Southeast Michigan to support project and program implementation throughout the region, particularly Detroit and Ann Arbor, but will also support programs across the state as needed. This position is currently a hybrid-remote role.
- Lead projects and support programs in the Michigan market, specifically in Southeast Michigan.
- Support and amplify community-led efforts to protect land, housing rights and build resiliency in the Midwest region.
- Craft, implement, and support adoption of methods to increase community power.
- Build trust and cultivate relationships that align with mission-oriented projects, supporting and redirecting resources to those who are most impacted by climate change.
- Support development and launch programs and projects at the intersection of Elevate’s mission and the needs of local communities.
- Provide site assessments and analysis of buildings with support of Elevate’s engineering team.
- Oversee project teams that include staff from across Elevate.
- Communicate regular project/program updates and results to internal staff and external stakeholders.
- Support client engagement across Michigan, including conducting customer outreach, preparing for and participating in client meetings, developing proposals, and coordinating with partnership managers across teams.
- Coordinate across teams and with partner organizations on projects and support client delivery of programs.
- Represent Elevate with local, state, and national energy efficiency stakeholders at meetings, conferences, etc.
- Stay current on affordable housing policies, energy efficiency and green design trends, and available financial and program offerings for building owners, developers, municipalities, and community-based organizations.
- Center the lives and voices of economically disadvantaged and Black, Brown, and Indigenous people and communities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required or relevant lived experience
- At least one (1+) years of experience in energy, climate, equity, or other related work
- Commitment to Elevate’s mission and racial equity statement
- Skill in listening and amplifying the voices and vision of the community
- Experience developing and coordinating values-driven, community-rooted programming
- Experience with energy auditing, building science, construction management, or energy engineering
- Ability to foster meaningful and authentic relationships that are supportive and inclusive across internal team, external partners, and municipal clients
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, as well as facilitate collaboration and accountability
- Experience successfully managing projects on time and on budget
- Comfortable navigating change and uncertainty
- Willingness to travel as required
Elevate seeks to create a just and equitable world in which everyone has clean and affordable heat, power, and water in their homes and communities — no matter who they are or where they live. Our programs, policy agenda, and partners reflect this commitment.
At Elevate, the greatest asset of our organization is the kind of people we attract. Elevate employees co-create our energetic and collaborative environment, where constant learning and service to others take priority. We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of innovation and we seek dynamic, hardworking team members who are inspired to work with people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Every day we make a difference by placing our team, clients, and community partners first. From our mission to our focus on staff well-being and career development opportunities, there’s no better place to grow your career than Elevate.
The total compensation for this position includes health and welfare benefits (medical, dental, vision, etc.), defined contribution benefit (401k with contribution), professional development, generous paid time off policies, and a flexible schedule. This is an exempt individual contributor position with a salary range of $60,000 – $70,000, based on experience.
Elevate is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or marital status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Elevate will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace, and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation, or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to Elevate. Contact the People Team with any questions or requests for accommodations.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through our candidate portal at https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/. Search for “Project Manager, Community Programs (MI)” to find the position listing.
Please note that Elevate will only contact candidates via an elevatenp.org email address. We will never ask a candidate for payment of any kind as part of the hiring or onboarding process or send payment to any candidate prior to completing the hiring and onboarding process.
No phone calls please.