Associate, Quality Assurance
The Associate, Quality Assurance performs requirements gathering and quality control for technology solutions implemented at Elevate, while taking ownership of quality control and assurance processes. The Associate, Quality Assurance takes a primary role in requirements gathering, task prioritization, and software testing across Elevate’s programs and teams.
The Associate, Quality Assurance reports to the Senior Manager, Integrated Program Operations. This position is located in Chicago, Illinois and is currently remote.
- Optimize Elevate’s technology QA/QC processes.
- Work alongside Business Analyst and/or independently to develop functional requirement specifications that ensure full understanding of team deliverables for software developers.
- Participate in ongoing meetings and reviews with program teams to optimize processes and systems.
- Review functional and design specifications to ensure full understanding of individual deliverables.
- Identify test requirements from specifications, map test case requirements, and design test coverage plan.
- Develop, document, and maintain functional test cases and other test artifacts like the test data, data validation, harness scripts, and automated scripts.
- Execute and evaluate manual/automated testing and report test results.
- Hold and facilitate test plan/case reviews with cross-functional team members.
- Identify any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues immediately to management.
- Ensure that validated deliverables meet functional and design specifications and requirements.
- Isolate, replicate, and report defects and verify defect fixes.
- Set up and maintain test logins and data in testing and staging environments..
- Define, implement, and promote policies and tools to significantly increase the efficiency of our software development, quality, and delivery process.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least three (3+) years of experience in Software Quality Control or Business Analysis.
- Experience with ADA website testing preferred
- Experience in an Agile Software Development environment preferred.
- Excellent documentation skills (requirement definitions, use cases, process flows, data models)
- Highly detail-oriented and organized individual with the ability to manage multiple assignments and work with tight deadlines
- Ability to expand job responsibilities, suggest improvements, and collaborate with others to generate ideas for improved processes
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, collaboration and consultative skills
- Inquisitive and positive mindset in approaching complex problems.
We design and implement programs that reduce costs, protect people and the environment, and ensure the benefits of clean and efficient energy use reach those who need them most.
At Elevate, the greatest asset of our organization is the kind of people we attract. Elevate employees co-create our energetic and collaborative environment, where constant learning and service to others take priority. We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of innovation and we seek dynamic, hardworking team members who are inspired to work with people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Every day we make a difference by placing our team, clients, and community partners first. From our mission to our focus on staff wellbeing and career development opportunities, there’s no better place to grow your career than Elevate.
The total compensation for this position includes health and welfare benefits (medical, dental, vision, etc.), defined contribution benefit (401k with contribution), professional development, generous paid time off policies, and a flexible schedule. This is an exempt individual contributor position with a salary range of $70,000 – $85,000, based on experience.
Elevate is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or marital status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Elevate will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace, and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation, or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to Elevate. Contact the People Team with any questions or requests for accommodations.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through our candidate portal at https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/. Search for “Associate, Quality Assurance” to find the position listing.
Please note that Elevate will only contact candidates via an elevatenp.org email address. We will never ask a candidate for payment of any kind as part of the hiring or onboarding process or send payment to any candidate prior to completing the hiring and onboarding process.
No phone calls please.