Associate Director, Illinois Solar for All
The Associate Director, ILSFA is a critical leadership role in the administration and implementation of the Illinois Solar for All Program (ILSFA), overseeing all internal and external functions to facilitate program delivery. The Illinois Solar for All Program (ILSFA), directed by the Illinois Power Agency and administered by Elevate, aims to deliver the benefits of solar and the clean energy economy to income-eligible and environmental justice communities across Illinois. The Associate Director, ILSFA is the main point of accountability for the Illinois Power Agency (IPA) and communicates with internal and external stakeholders, including the Adjustable Block Program Administrator. The Associate Director, ILSFA oversees all facets of program implementation while leading strategic planning, budget management, and continuous improvement. This position requires program administration knowledge, people management expertise, flexibility, and the ability to manage time effectively between a diverse set of tasks and teams.
The Associate Director, ILSFA reports directly to the Vice President, Programs. This position is located in Chicago, Illinois and is currently remote.
- Serve as the main point of accountability for the administration of ILSFA, coordinating internal and external functional teams to achieve the program objectives.
- Oversee all facets of the ILSFA program administration, including schedule, budgets, and work activities, ensuring program deliverables and milestones meet expectations.
- Manage direct reports, providing day-to-day leadership, mentoring, and performance management.
- Manage multiple functional teams, ensuring world-class program delivery and that processes, protocols, and standard operating procedures are developed, adhered to, and improved.
- Lead external communications with the IPA and other key stakeholders.
- Work proactively with the team to identify risks and opportunities for continuous improvement and to implement any required changes to the program.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders across the organization and lead strategic planning activities to support the program’s expansion.
- Ensure communications and program data management protocols are effective and adhered to, including Salesforce, website, and call center communications.
- Represent Elevate and the ILSFA program at industry events and presentations.
- Ensure that Elevate’s project management protocols and requirements are met.
- Maintain expertise in current solar PV topics, policy, and industry literature.
- Support the professional development of direct reports and the wider ILSFA team on relevant technical, industry, and energy program delivery best practices.
- Oversee other program delivery, reporting, and evaluation efforts as needed.
- Participate in Elevate’s Senior Leadership team meetings, providing strategic support, input, and insight.
- Participate in department planning, provide budget recommendations and resource planning, and monitor performance for the accomplishment of committed results.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Graduate degree or equivalent work experience in energy and sustainability, public policy, or business administration
- 8-10 years of experience in energy/solar policy and/or implementation
- Expert project management skills, PMP certification highly desired
- 3-5 years of people management experience
- Experience administering programs of similar scale
- Experience building and managing multimillion-dollar budgets
- Excellent attention to detail and capacity to oversee large and complex datasets
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Exceptional organizational and coordination skills
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Visio, etc.)
- Experience with Salesforce preferred
- Ability to work well independently and collaboratively within a complex matrixed organization
- Ability to independently leverage critical thinking skills to address project challenges
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines with high degree of accuracy
- Willingness to be a flexible team player, adapting to priorities as needed
- Demonstrated attention to detail
We design and implement programs that reduce costs, protect people and the environment, and ensure the benefits of clean and efficient energy use reach those who need them most.
At Elevate, the greatest asset of our organization is the kind of people we attract. Elevate employees co-create our energetic and collaborative environment, where constant learning and service to others take priority. We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of innovation and we seek dynamic, hardworking team members who are inspired to work with people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Every day we make a difference by placing our team, clients, and community partners first. From our mission to our focus on staff wellbeing and career development opportunities, there’s no better place to grow your career than Elevate.
Elevate is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or marital status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through our candidate portal at https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/. Search for “Associate Director, Illinois Solar for All” to find the position listing.
Please note that Elevate will only contact candidates via an elevatenp.org email address. We will never ask a candidate for payment of any kind as part of the hiring or onboarding process or send payment to any candidate prior to completing the hiring and onboarding process.
No phone calls please.