Why We Love Our Annual Report
We’re excited about our 2014 annual report, a first for our organization, which presents a snapshot of our recent efforts to promote smarter energy use for all. Here are just a few highlights from 2014.
- We changed our name to Elevate Energy (formerly CNT Energy), moved to a new office at 322 S. Green Street in Chicago, and expanded our team to more than 100 people.
- We supported more than 20,000 Illinois households enrolled in hourly electricity pricing programs.
- As a part of our state-wide outreach efforts, we opened an office in Litchfield, Illinois.
- We reached a milestone of 20,000 apartment units improved through our energy efficiency program for multifamily buildings.
- We helped Chicago-area nonprofit organizations cut energy costs and free up resources that can now be devoted to their missions.
- We helped the City of Chicago implement the first phase of its citywide energy benchmarking ordinance, which reached a 90 percent compliance rate. We operated the help center and answered more than 800 calls and email messages from building owners, managers, and service providers.
- We published 32 papers, on topics including energy benchmarking, the financial benefits of energy efficiency upgrades, and dynamic electricity pricing.
Thank you to all of the partners and supporters who helped make these accomplishments possible. And a special thank you to the Center for Neighborhood Technology, our founder, which has been a key partner in our success from the beginning. We look forward to continuing to work together to bring the benefits of energy efficiency to even more communities in the years to come.
To read more about our work, download the full annual report on our website.