1. WHAT INFORMATION IS COLLECTED. We collect a limited amount of personal information from you in certain areas of the Website for various reasons. The following is a description of what information is collected:
Registration Information. Registration may be necessary to use certain areas of the Website. When you register at the Website, we ask you for a few items of personal information. All of this information is used to deliver a more personal and pertinent experience for users of the Website.
2. WHO IS COLLECTING THIS INFORMATION. Elevate Energy collects the information described above via the Website. In the case of third-party features such as advertising, co-branded areas or links to other websites, such third parties may also collect information. You should review the applicable privacy policies of these third parties before providing personally identifiable information. Elevate Energy is not responsible for any actions or policies of such third parties.
3. HOW COLLECTED INFORMATION IS USED. In General. Elevate Energy uses registration information to learn more about how visitors use the Website and to measure areas of interest. This allows Elevate Energy to build features and functionality that will enhance your Website experience. Elevate Energy may also use your email address to send you information about new features and services, to share information about energy conservation programs and to provide you with conservation tips, or to send you information about special offers from Elevate Energy’s partners, unless you indicate on the registration screen that you do not wish to receive this type of information.
Unrelated Companies. Elevate Energy occasionally shares limited customer information with companies we hire to provide operational, marketing, or advertising support, companies that help us distribute our products and services, or companies that provide products and services we want to offer. The companies we choose must satisfy our security and privacy requirements. We share your information with these companies only if they agree to treat it confidentially and only if it is legally permissible to do so. We limit the information we provide these companies to what we reasonably believe they need to know in connection with their agreement with Elevate Energy and we don’t permit them to use our customer information for any purposes outside our oversight or control.
Government Authorities and Litigation. Sometimes a law, court order, or other judicial or administrative process requires us to provide information to a government authority or party to a lawsuit. We will provide the information that we in good faith believe is required to comply with the law, order, or other process. We may also have to disclose certain information in court documents if we have to bring an action against you, for example, to collect a debt you owe us.
4. CHOICES IN THE COLLECTION, USE AND DISTRIBUTION OF INFORMATION. At the time of registration, you may be given a choice whether you want to receive information about new features, events, offers and special coverage on the Website and about special offers from Elevate Energy’s partners. When you register, you must click in a box if you do not want to receive either type of information. Unless you affirmatively choose not to receive these materials, your registration information may be used to send you this information. You may later opt out of receiving such information.
It is important to know that you may inadvertently provide personally identifiable information to third parties through your postings to an online forum or participation in a chat session and we have no way to limit their use of the information you may provide. Please keep in mind that, whenever you give out personal information online (for example, in forums, message boards or chat sessions), any of that information can be collected and used by people you don’t know. While we strive to protect our users’ personal information and privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you voluntarily disclose online. Your disclosure in that manner is at your own risk.
6. CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13 YEARS. In accordance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), Elevate Energy will not knowingly collect or accept personally identifiable information from a child under the age of 13 without a parent or guardian’s prior consent. Elevate Energy will also allow the parent or guardian of a registered user under the age of 13 to review, update, change, delete or refuse to permit further collection of any and all information collected by the Website. A child’s personally identifiable information will be treated with the same care and respect as an adult’s information. To change, update, review, delete or refuse to permit further collection of your child’s information, please email Elevate Energy at email@example.com.
8. HOW YOU MAY CHANGE, CORRECT YOUR REGISTRATION INFORMATION. If you want to change, correct, update or delete your registration information, please email Elevate Energy at firstname.lastname@example.org. This provision applies only to registration information collected via the Website.
9. SECURITY PROCEDURES WE USE. We are very concerned with the security of your personally identifiable information and take great care in providing secure transmission of your information from your computer to our servers. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us.
Once we receive your information, we take appropriate steps that we believe are reasonable to protect the security of your data on our system, both internally and from outsiders, and to ensure the integrity of the data we collect. We use a combination of technological and policy methods to protect this data. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and any account information. Please be aware that Elevate Energy will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or email.
Join our email list for news and updates.