Illinois Solar for All (ILSFA), directed by the Illinois Power Agency and administered by Elevate, aims to deliver the benefits of solar and the clean energy economy to low-income and environmental justice communities across Illinois. The Vendor Manager facilitates the vetting, support, and ongoing performance management of ILSFA Approved Vendors who develop and install qualified solar projects for the program. In this role, the Vendor Manager works across internal and external functional teams to manage project applications and approvals, including verification of program requirements and quality assurance for solar photovoltaic installations. This position requires excellent skills for managing time and priorities, complex data, technical solar installation processes, and vendor relationship management.
The Vendor Manager reports to the Senior Manager, ILSFA Vendor Management. The Vendor Manager may support and take direction from other managers and functional teams conducting work related to ILSFA. This position is located in Chicago, Illinois and is currently remote.
- Provide ongoing, expert, one-on-one support to assigned Approved Vendors to ensure ILSFA processes are understood and adhered to, technical requirements are met, and key risks unique to ILSFA and the communities served are mitigated through appropriate resources, tools, and training.
- Provide ongoing performance management for assigned Approved Vendors, managing Approved Vendor registration applications, deliverables, quality, and remediation according to established protocols.
- Ensure all ILSFA projects for assigned Approved Vendors meet ILSFA program requirements, including quality assurance, and coordinate with other entities as needed to verify projects meet state, local, utility, and technical requirements.
- Develop and maintain relationships with vendors and manage day-to-day communications with vendors, providing clear, concise, and timely updates and responding to requests for information.
- Review and manage project data, including solar system design, REC delivery, and data related to program requirements according to established protocols.
- Coordinate Approved Vendor registration and project approvals with the Illinois Adjustable Block Program administrator, including facilitating data sharing according to established protocols.
- Work with internal and external functional teams to facilitate the collection and verification of job training, income, and eligibility data.
- Assist in the development of training materials and provide training opportunities to Approved Vendors to further their understanding of ILSFA and improve project review efficiency.
- Coordinate with the ILSFA call center to support technical assistance requests for program participants.
- Support the ILSFA program management team to ensure program milestones and deliverables are met.
- Support ILSFA program management team in the ongoing development and maintenance of ILSFA Approved Vendor Manual, operational protocols, and standard operating procedures.
- Work with internal functions to maintain and update ILSFA communications relevant to Approved Vendors, including website content and newsletters.
- Find opportunities to gain and maintain expertise in current solar PV technical processes, installation, and equipment.
- Attend and participate in staff inter-departmental teams and staff meetings and assist in other departmental and/or organizational activities as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a technical field, such as in renewable energy and sustainability, finance and economics, energy engineering required
- Five to seven years of experience in solar design and/or implementation
- NABCEP certification or solar PV installation training experience preferred
- General knowledge and experience with industry regulations, standards, codes, methods, and practices required
- Working knowledge of solar design tools such as Helioscope, PVSyst, Aurora, or similar platforms is helpful but not required
- Familiarity with technical documentation such as one-line diagrams, site maps, structural drawings is helpful but not required
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Customer service skills preferred
- Project management experience preferred
- Experience with Salesforce preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Visio, etc.)
- Ability to independently leverage critical thinking skills to address project challenges
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines with high degree of accuracy
- Willingness to be a flexible team player adapting to priorities as needed
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Exceptional organizational and coordination skills
We design and implement programs that reduce costs, protect people and the environment, and ensure the benefits of clean and efficient energy use reach those who need them most.
At Elevate, the greatest asset of our organization is the kind of people we attract. Elevate employees co-create our energetic and collaborative environment, where constant learning and service to others take priority. We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of innovation and we seek dynamic, hardworking team members who are inspired to work with people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Every day we make a difference by placing our team, clients, and community partners first. From our mission to our focus on staff well-being and career development opportunities, there’s no better place to grow your career than Elevate.
Elevate is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or marital status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through our candidate portal at http://elevateenergy.appone.com/. Search for “Vendor Manager, Illinois Solar for All” to find the position listing.
Please note that Elevate will only contact candidates via an elevatenp.org email address. We will never ask a candidate for payment of any kind as part of the hiring or onboarding process or send payment to any candidate prior to completing the hiring and onboarding process.
No phone calls please.