The Senior Associate, Technical Projects supports Elevate’s Public Sector business unit through the development and implementation of technical projects. The Senior Associate is primarily responsible for the day-to-day coordination of utility-funded LED streetlight programs and other energy and community planning projects. A successful candidate has strong analytical skills, works independently, and has excellent communications skills.
The Senior Associate, Technical Projects reports to the Director, Public Sector. This position is located in Chicago, Illinois and is currently virtual.
- Lead day-to-day coordination activities to implement LED streetlight programs and other technical projects in the Public Sector business unit, as assigned.
- Collaborate with municipalities and utilities in LED streetlight conversion initiatives performing data collection, analysis of streetlights, and coordination of incentive applications.
- Coordinate community interactions including meeting with municipal stakeholders, leading marketing and outreach initiatives, following up on project leads and applications, and supporting the incentive application process.
- Maintain data and develop reports for data repositories including clients CRM (Salesforce) and project tracking databases, customer assets management databases, and internal project and customer databases.
- Lead and support development of key project deliverables, including financial and status reports and presentations, market and metric analyses, marketing and outreach materials, invoices, and check requests.
- Clearly communicate knowledge and findings to internal and external clients and represent Elevate and the Public Sector team in a professional manner; respond professionally to feedback from clients, team members and management.
- Assess status of projects, identify actual or potential problems and possible solutions, and facilitate solution implementation in consultation with supervisor.
- Develop and coordinate documentation of Standard Operating Procedures to support programs.
- Work with technical and QA/QC teams to maintain and improve program quality.
- Adhere to Elevate project management requirements and provide necessary documentation.
- Maintain required job knowledge and skills and core professional competencies.
- Attend and participate in staff inter-departmental teams and staff meetings and assist in other departmental and/or organizational activities as required.
- Support business development initiatives and activities, including conducting research and developing internal and external presentations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and preferred exposure to planning, engineering, environmental science, sustainability, public policy, or related fields; additional education or experience in the energy field preferred
- 2-3 years of experience required
- Experience with contractors and/or public sector entities and processes preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Teams) required
- Proficiency in GIS spatial analysis tools preferred
- Experience with Salesforce or equivalent CRM program preferred
- Experience utilizing reporting functionality in software applications
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Exceptional critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional organizational and coordination skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Willingness to be a flexible team player, adapting to priorities as needed
- Strong self-starter and quick learner
We design and implement programs that reduce costs, protect people and the environment, and ensure the benefits of clean and efficient energy use reach those who need them most.
At Elevate, the greatest asset of our organization is the kind of people we attract. Elevate employees co-create our energetic and collaborative environment, where constant learning and service to others take priority. We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of innovation and we seek dynamic, hardworking team members who are inspired to work with people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Every day we make a difference by placing our team, clients, and community partners first. From our mission to our focus on staff wellbeing and career development opportunities, there’s no better place to grow your career than Elevate Energy.
Elevate is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or marital status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through our candidate portal at http://elevateenergy.appone.com/. Search for “Senior Associate, Technical Projects” to find the position listing.
Please note that Elevate will only contact candidates via an elevatenp.org email address. We will never ask a candidate for payment of any kind as part of the hiring or onboarding process or send payment to any candidate prior to completing the hiring and onboarding process.
No phone calls please.