Project Manager, Municipal Technical Assistance and Consulting
The Project Manager, Technical Assistance and Consulting implements Elevate’s nationally focused technical assistance and consulting projects. The position requires working with the Director, Municipal Technical Assistance and Consulting to implement both technical and community engagement projects that leverage Elevate’s resources and expertise into communities. The Project Manager, Technical Assistance and Consulting collaborates across the organization with all departments as well as with partner organizations. The position is nationally focused.
The Project Manager, Technical Assistance and Consulting reports to the Director, Municipal Technical Assistance and Consulting. This position is located in Michigan and is currently remote.
- Center the lives and voices of economically disadvantaged and Black, Brown, and Indigenous people and communities.
- Support and amplify community-led efforts to protect land and housing rights and to build resiliency in the Midwest region.
- Build partnerships between local government and community stakeholders that advance climate and racial equity.
- Build trust and cultivate relationships that align with mission-oriented projects, supporting and redirecting resources to those who are most impacted by climate change.
- Support funding proposals for federal opportunities on climate and racial equity.
- Support an innovation hub to provide technical assistance to municipalities.
- Craft, implement, and support adoption of methods to increase community power.
- Support development and launch projects at the intersection of Elevate’s mission and the needs of local communities.
- Startup and implement new programs and projects.
- Advocate for policies that support housing, environmental, and racial justice.
- Stay current on local policies and initiatives related to housing accessibility and affordability, energy and water efficiency, and climate resiliency.
- Coordinate across Elevate teams and partners on projects and support delivery of projects/programs.
- Communicate regular project/program updates and results to internal staff and external stakeholders.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required or relevant lived experience
- At least three (3+) years of experience in municipal consulting, energy efficiency, climate resiliency, equity, or other related work
- Skill in listening and amplifying the voices and vision of the community
- Experience developing and coordinating values-driven, community-rooted programming
- Ability to foster meaningful and authentic relationships that are supportive and inclusive.
- Comfortable navigating change and uncertainty
- Ability to make connections and see the broader business ecosystem
- Commitment to Elevate’s mission and racial equity statement
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, as well as facilitate collaboration and accountability
- Experience successfully managing projects on time and on budget
- Willingness to travel as required
Elevate seeks to create a just and equitable world in which everyone has clean and affordable heat, power, and water in their homes and communities — no matter who they are or where they live. Our programs, policy agenda, and partners reflect this commitment.
At Elevate, the greatest asset of our organization is the kind of people we attract. Elevate employees co-create our energetic and collaborative environment, where constant learning and service to others take priority. We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of innovation and we seek dynamic, hardworking team members who are inspired to work with people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Every day we make a difference by placing our team, clients, and community partners first. From our mission to our focus on staff well-being and career development opportunities, there’s no better place to grow your career than Elevate.
The total compensation for this position includes health and welfare benefits (medical, dental, vision, etc.), defined contribution benefit (401k with contribution), professional development, generous paid time off policies, and a flexible schedule. This is an exempt individual contributor position with a salary range of $60,000 – $75,000, based on experience.
Elevate is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age disability, veteran status, or marital status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Elevate will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace, and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation, or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to Elevate. Contact the People Team with any questions or requests for accommodations.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through our candidate portal at https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/. Search for “Project Manager, Municipal Technical Assistance and Consulting ” to find the position listing.
Please note that Elevate will only contact candidates via an elevatenp.org email address. We will never ask a candidate for payment of any kind as part of the hiring or onboarding process or send payment to any candidate prior to completing the hiring and onboarding process.
No phone calls please.