The Marketing Manager develops and implements marketing plans for Elevate’s programs that ensure more people can access clean energy and water. Elevate administers programs for clients, including utilities and government departments, and markets those programs to the people who can benefit from them. Programs include utility programs that help people save money on electricity bills, a lead-in-water testing program for child care providers, and a state program that increases access to solar energy for income-eligible and environmental justice communities.
The Marketing Manager leads the development and execution of marketing plans in collaboration with program managers. The position also works to achieve program goals, improve the customer experience, and launch marketing for new programs. The Marketing Manager closely collaborates with staff across the organization.
The Marketing Manager reports directly to the Marketing Director. This position is located in Chicago, Illinois, and is currently remote.
- Develop marketing plans and implement marketing activities, including identifying target customers, market research, message development, email marketing, direct mail, social media marketing, customer communications, marketing partnerships, and advertising.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with colleagues, clients, and partners.
- Manage marketing projects with high attention to detail to ensure program goals are met on time and on budget.
- Track the effectiveness of program marketing strategies and use the results to inform future marketing activities.
- Share marketing expertise and ideas with marketing team colleagues.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in marketing or communications
- Eight or more years of experience developing and executing marketing plans
- Experience with branding, market research, and creating customer profiles preferred
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud or similar marketing automation and email marketing service
- Experience developing creative briefs and working with graphic designers on marketing collateral
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Demonstrated leadership and exceptional organizational and coordination skills
- Skilled at presenting to internal and external audiences
- Familiarity with Salesforce or another customer relationship management system
- Capacity to manage complex situations, problem solve, and meet tight deadlines
- Intermediate knowledge of HTML, CSS, MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Teams, SharePoint)
- Experience or interest in managing staff
- Passion for Elevate’s mission
We design and implement programs that reduce costs, protect people and the environment, and ensure the benefits of clean and efficient energy use reach those who need them most.
At Elevate, the greatest asset of our organization is the kind of people we attract. Elevate employees co-create our energetic and collaborative environment, where constant learning and service to others take priority. We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of innovation, and we seek dynamic, hardworking team members who are inspired to work with people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Every day we make a difference by placing our team, clients, and community partners first. From our mission to our focus on staff wellbeing and career development opportunities, there’s no better place to grow your career than Elevate.
Elevate is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or marital status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through our candidate portal at https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/. Search for “Manager, Marketing” to find the position listing.
Please note that Elevate will only contact candidates via an elevatenp.org email address. We will never ask a candidate for payment of any kind as part of the hiring or onboarding process or send payment to any candidate prior to completing the hiring and onboarding process.
No phone calls please.