IT Support Specialist Level I
As a member of Elevate’s IT team, the IT Support Specialist helps implement, troubleshoot, and monitor the company’s IT systems, solutions, and processes. Serving as the initial point of contact for Elevate staff and external affiliates, the IT Support Specialist provides first-tier support and collaborates with other IT team members while reporting to the IT Manager.
The IT Support Specialist reports to the IT Manager. This position is in Chicago, Illinois and is not currently remote.
- Serve as the first tier (Level I) of support for Elevate’s IT infrastructure, including software, hardware and associated peripherals, network printers, networking, and telephony.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, resolve, and document customer issues associated with IT systems, applications, and hardware; or escalate in a timely manner.
- Provide superior, timely customer service to both internal and external customers throughout ticket process, documenting communications from ticket creation through closure via the IT Team’s ticketing system.
- Follow technical documentation and runbooks for IT systems and processes.
- Assist with the installation, provisioning, and repair of computer hardware and software.
- Support Elevate’s flexible work hours, including normal business hours, special events, and on-call rotation.
- Manage asset inventory.
- Assist with onboarding/offboarding and deployment of users and workstations.
Qualifications and Skills
- At least one (1+) years of experience in a Desktop Support, Help Desk or IT Operations setting; Associate degree or A+/Network+ certifications preferred
- Experience implementing, maintaining, and troubleshooting some or all the following:
Windows 10/11, Office 365, hardware, peripherals, and user endpoints (laptops, desktops, VoIP phones, etc.), VPN, webinars and teleconferencing (Team, Zoom, GoTo Webinar), general networking, and service desk ticketing solutions (Jira preferred)
- Experience with password management in Active Directory
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with demonstrated attention to detail
- Ability to take direction and work collaboratively as part of a diverse team
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and implement critical thinking skills to address customer IT issues
- Growth mindset with motivation to learn new technology
We design and implement programs that reduce costs, protect people and the environment, and ensure the benefits of clean and efficient energy use reach those who need them most.
At Elevate, the greatest asset of our organization is the kind of people we attract. Elevate employees co-create our energetic and collaborative environment, where constant learning and service to others take priority. We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of innovation and we seek dynamic, hardworking team members who are inspired to work with people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Every day we make a difference by placing our team, clients, and community partners first. From our mission to our focus on staff wellbeing and career development opportunities, there’s no better place to grow your career than Elevate.
The total compensation for this position includes health and welfare benefits (medical, dental, vision, etc.), defined contribution benefit (401k with contribution), professional development, generous paid time off policies, and a flexible schedule. This is an exempt individual contributor position with a salary range of $55,000 – $65,000, based on experience.
Elevate is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or marital status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Elevate will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace, and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation, or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to Elevate. Contact the People Team with any questions or requests for accommodations.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through our candidate portal at https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/. Search for “IT Support Specialist Level I” to find the position listing.
Please note that Elevate will only contact candidates via an elevatenp.org email address. We will never ask a candidate for payment of any kind as part of the hiring or onboarding process or send payment to any candidate prior to completing the hiring and onboarding process.
No phone calls please.