The Grants Manager is an integral part of Elevate’s Development team, supporting the organization primarily in the management of government grant awards and related contracts. While the role’s principal focus is on public sector funding, this position will support the Development team in the management of philanthropic and corporate awards as needed. The ideal candidate for this dynamic position is someone experienced in public sector grant coordination and implementation, with a strong interest in supporting climate and clean energy programs centered in climate equity and related funding opportunities. The position works closely with Elevate’s Finance and Legal teams, as well as directors and program managers across the organization.
The Grants Manager reports directly to the Director of Federal Partnerships. This position is located in Chicago, Illinois and is currently remote.
- Manage the compliance of public sector programs and projects, including procurement and reporting requirements.
- Coordinate with Elevate’s Legal, Finance, and programs teams to review, negotiate, and finalize grant and contract agreements.
- Coordinate with Finance team to align grant compliance reporting with financial tracking, financial reporting, and audit requirements.
- Collaborate with Elevate’s data services and program staff to ensure customer relationship management (CRM) systems and project management processes meet compliance and reporting needs.
- Collaborate with program implementation managers to ensure that compliance-related data and deliverables, such as invoices, reports and other contractually required deliverables are maintained and submitted timely to meet program reporting deadlines.
- Perform Quality Assurance and Quality Control (QA/QC) on grant or contract records created by program managers in Elevate’s CRM.
- Support project managers and operational staff with grant and compliance-related issues and questions to or from funders.
- As appropriate, serve as main administrative point of contact for government grant managers.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Three to seven years of relevant work experience required
- Experience in public sector contract or grant management and reporting required
- Project management experience preferred
- Experience in grant or proposal writing preferred
- Working knowledge of Salesforce or similar CRM system preferred
- Experience working with state, county, or local government preferred
- Experience working in energy or sustainability-related field or a relevant degree preferred
- Thorough understanding of grants management and compliance requirements related to public funding sources
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to help develop and establish team processes and routines preferred
- Excellent time management skills with the proven ability to meet deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Demonstrated professional maturity and capacity to maintain confidentiality requirements of Elevate and various funders
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
Elevate seeks to create a just and equitable world in which everyone has clean and affordable heat,
power, and water in their homes and communities — no matter who they are or where they live. Our programs, policy agenda, and partners reflect this commitment. Making the benefits and services of the clean energy economy accessible to everyone is how we fight climate change while supporting equity. We design and implement programs that reduce costs, protect people and the environment, and ensure the benefits of clean and efficient energy use reach those who need them most.
At Elevate, the greatest asset of our organization is the kind of people we attract. Elevate employees co-create our energetic and collaborative environment, where constant learning and service to others take priority. We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of innovation and we seek dynamic, hardworking team members who are inspired to work with people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Every day we make a difference by placing our team, clients, and community partners first. From our mission to our focus on staff wellbeing and career development opportunities, there’s no better place to grow your career than Elevate.
Elevate is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or job
applicant based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or marital status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through our candidate portal at https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/. Search for “Grants Manager” to find the position listing.
Please note that Elevate will only contact candidates via an elevatenp.org email address. We will never ask a candidate for payment of any kind as part of the hiring or onboarding process or send payment to any candidate prior to completing the hiring and onboarding process.
No phone calls please.