The Associate, Multifamily Engagement leads outreach for the Multifamily Program Bundle funded by the northern Illinois utilities. The goal of this program is to implement energy efficiency improvements that save energy and reduce costs for building owners and their tenants. The Associate, Multifamily Engagement is a member of Elevate’s Community Resources Team and works closely with Elevate’s marketing and call center teams to coordinate messaging and a smooth customer experience for this program. The Associate, Multifamily Engagement also collaborates closely with staff across the organization.
The Associate, Multifamily Engagement reports directly to the Associate Director, Community Projects. This position is located in Chicago, Illinois and is currently remote.
- Provide input to and implementation of a metrics-driven outreach plan for all multifamily building owners in the ComEd territory.
- Lead and direct constituent engagement, including performing outreach to community groups and individuals at community events, planning and holding outreach events, and utilizing other tactics to spread word about the offerings.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, such as partner organizations or community leaders.
- Represent the utility-funded energy efficiency programs in the broader community as needed through events (in-person, if possible under current protocols, and/or virtual) and through social media.
- Provide internal and external communications with utilities, partners/consultants, customers, and internal project team, with a focus on external communications with customers and stakeholders.
- Develop, track, and report outreach metrics.
- Follow up with interested property owners to encourage their participation in energy savings programs.
- Develop and implement neighborhood-specific messaging with Elevate’s marketing team.
- Maintain timely data entry.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Bilingual Spanish strongly preferred
- Passion for environmental issues, economic and social justice, and/or energy efficiency
- Willingness and ability to become well-versed in multifamily residential energy use, including energy efficiency technology and building science
- Exceptional verbal communication skills, comfortable speaking to groups in person as well as filming videos and facilitating small group discussions, and excellent at one-on-one interactions
- Ability to work effectively with individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds and political beliefs
- Strong written communication skills and ability to craft professional letters or email communications
- Experience crafting social media strategy and content preferred
- Strong organizational abilities and experience in meeting established goals within tight timeframes
- Self-starter with ability to work independently and remotely as well as within a team
- Familiarity with standard business computer applications such as Salesforce or other CRM systems
- Familiarity with the Chicago metropolitan area, its communities, community organizations, and
- leaders preferred, and familiarity or willingness to become familiar with the Rockford area and other regions in northern Illinois
- Familiarity with energy efficiency upgrades or multifamily residential property management preferred
We design and implement programs that reduce costs, protect people and the environment, and ensure the benefits of clean and efficient energy use reach those who need them most.
At Elevate, the greatest asset of our organization is the kind of people we attract. Elevate employees co-create our energetic and collaborative environment, where constant learning and service to others take priority. We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of innovation and we seek dynamic, hardworking team members who are inspired to work with people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Every day we make a difference by placing our team, clients, and community partners first. From our mission to our focus on staff wellbeing and career development opportunities, there’s no better place to grow your career than Elevate.
Elevate is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or marital status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through our candidate portal at http://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/. Search for “Associate, Multifamily Engagement ” to find the position listing.
Please note that Elevate will only contact candidates via an elevatenp.org email address. We will never ask a candidate for payment of any kind as part of the hiring or onboarding process or send payment to any candidate prior to completing the hiring and onboarding process.
No phone calls please.