As a direct benefit of FEJA, we prepare individuals and contractor businesses to build a career or a business in the clean energy economy.
Elevate’s Clean Energy Jobs Accelerator provides individuals and contractors from diverse backgrounds with workforce development opportunities to help create an equitable, inclusive, and quality clean energy workforce.
Sign up for our newsletter for the latest updates on clean jobs!
Solar Jobs Training Program
Individuals interested in a career in solar can get hands-on experience through the Solar Jobs Training Program. Over 90% of students complete the program, and over 80% of graduates are placed into jobs.
Students receive the following training and services:
- 40 hours of classroom training
- 20 hours of hands-on solar PV system installation
- Preparation to take NABCEP exam
- Critical wrap-around services including tutoring, transportation, and job placement assistance
In the Chicago region, Elevate partners with Millennium Solar Electric Training Academy. Previously, we partnered with Lutheran Social Services of Illinois (LSSI) and GRID Alternatives in southern Illinois (Marion).
The Solar Jobs Training Program serves individuals from economically disadvantaged and environmental justice communities, returning citizens, and foster care alumni. This program is a qualifying job training program for Illinois Solar for All.
Established and developing contractors can grow their business in the clean energy economy with the Contractor Accelerator. The program brings together established energy business owners, technical experts, and industry specialists to support the development of a diverse, inclusive, and quality energy contracting community.
Graduates of the program will be able to:
- Navigate the growing solar and energy efficiency marketplace in Illinois
- Understand the process and complete requirements to work on utility energy efficiency projects or solar installations
- Build their network and grow their energy business
The Contractor Accelerator works with minority-/women-/disadvantaged-/veteran-owned contracting businesses seeking to expand into energy efficiency or solar in the Chicago region. This program is a qualifying job training program for Illinois Solar for All.