The Research Analyst supports Elevate’s goal of accelerating climate action as part of the Research and Innovation team, which is responsible for applied research, strategic partnerships, and demonstration projects. The Research Analyst is a key member in the planning, development, and implementation of applied research projects for external clients as well as internal business units. The Research Analyst creates and contributes to high quality, high profile, and relevant research deliverables, and actively contributes and promotes a collaborative organizational culture of innovation.
The Research Analyst reports to the Senior Manager, Research and Innovation and collaborates closely with staff across business units. This position is located in Chicago, Illinois and is currently remote.
- Develop and demonstrate industry and subject matter expertise, interpret broad industry trends, research, and opportunities, and communicate how learnings may be applied across Elevate’s programs.
- Contribute materials to reports, publications, proposals, and presentations, including charts, graphs, and maps that describe and interpret findings, and efficiently and effectively reveal spatial and statistical relationships.
- Identify, research, compile, and critically evaluate datasets, research methodologies and proposals, background information, and/or public policy relevant to Elevate initiatives including energy and water efficiency, community solar, environmental health, energy and sustainability planning, and policy.
- Prepare, process, and analyze data using Stata or other software; ensure the quality, consistency, and accuracy of data, and completeness of datasets.
- Document technical methodologies and processes.
- Manage the design and implementation of qualitative and quantitative data analysis projects, including multiple simultaneous projects of varying duration.
- Lead analysis and reporting tasks, including developing project priorities, workplans, and budgets, assembling and managing teams, and liaising with clients.
- Support Elevate program staff with technical and other support as requested to complete deliverables, improve efficiency, and inform business unit decision making.
- Assess status of projects, identify actual or potential problems with data or research projects, and facilitate solutions in consultation with project lead and/or supervisor.
- Clearly communicate knowledge and findings, project/program updates, and analysis results to internal and external clients and stakeholders.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred
- Two to five years of experience in energy, public policy, urban planning, environmental sciences, sociology, and/or economics research
- Proficiency in Excel and Stata or a demonstrated ability to learn new statistical analysis software and scripting
- Project coordination/management experience required; consulting experience a plus
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
- Ability to communicate technical and research findings to a wide range of stakeholders
- Exceptional critical thinking and client management (internal and external) skills
- Ability to work independently and on multiple teams
- Industry expertise in affordable housing (market rate and subsidized), energy efficiency, energy efficiency program implementation, healthy homes, smart grid, and/or renewable energy desired
- Experience with survey writing and implementation, survey data analysis, and statistical modeling desired
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines with a high degree of accuracy
We design and implement programs that reduce costs, protect people and the environment, and ensure the benefits of clean and efficient energy use reach those who need them most.
At Elevate, the greatest asset of our organization is the kind of people we attract. Elevate employees co-create our energetic and collaborative environment, where constant learning and service to others take priority. We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of innovation and we seek dynamic, hardworking team members who are inspired to work with people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Every day we make a difference by placing our team, clients, and community partners first. From our mission to our focus on staff wellbeing and career development opportunities, there’s no better place to grow your career than Elevate.
Elevate is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or marital status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through our candidate portal at http://elevateenergy.appone.com/. Search for “Research Analyst” to find the position listing.
Please note that Elevate will only contact candidates via an elevatenp.org email address. We will never ask a candidate for payment of any kind as part of the hiring or onboarding process or send payment to any candidate prior to completing the hiring and onboarding process.
No phone calls please.