DoubleGreen loans are offered by Elevate in partnership with Capital Good Fund, a community-based nonprofit lender.
Designed to serve the needs of homeowners regardless of their credit history, DoubleGreen loans make it easy and affordable to make your home more healthy, resilient, and energy efficient. You can use your DoubleGreen loan for a variety of home upgrades.
The cost to purchase and install rooftop solar panel systems or the upfront costs associated with long-term solar contracts for systems you lease or subscribe to including community solar.
Energy Efficiency Upgrades
Upgrades that include equipment, installation, and services that make your home more energy efficient, including:
- Wall and attic insulation
- Window replacement
- Air sealing
- Boiler repair and replacement
- LED lighting upgrades
- Water-efficient showerheads, aerators, and toilets
Repairs or upgrades needed to prepare your home for qualified energy upgrades (not to exceed 25% of total loan value), including:
- Roofing repairs
- Electrical repairs or upgrades
- Asbestos removal
- Mold remediation
- Wall repairs
- Chimney repairs
Loan Eligibility and Benefits
The DoubleGreen Loan Program is designed to serve the needs of homeowners regardless of their credit history. To be eligible you must have a bank account, have an income, and be an Illinois homeowner current on your mortgage.
The loans are unsecured, meaning your property or assets aren’t used as collateral. Loan decisions are made within 48 business hours and each loan is funded quickly. Loan repayments are also reported to the credit bureaus, which helps increase your FICO credit score when loan payments are made on time.
Loans can be paid back in monthly installments over two to seven years (depending on the loan amount). And because the interest rate is just 7.99%, the loan is extremely affordable. The DoubleGreen Loan Program has no application or closing fees, and no minimum or maximum income or credit score requirement.
- Apply at Capital Good Fund
- Submit your required documentation
- Sign your loan agreements
- Enjoy a healthier, safer, more efficient home!
What Do I Need to Apply?
You will need the following documents after you submit your application:
- Two months bank account statements (3 months if you are applying for $2,000 or more)
- Loan Authorization Form (contact Adam Goldstein at 312-283-5938)
- Copy of government-issued ID
- Voided check or prepaid card
- Additional documents may be requested after you apply