The Trade Ally Navigator provides guidance and development support to BIPOC contractor businesses as they build their portfolio of projects through the Energy Trust of Oregon energy efficiency portfolio, as well as supporting them in opportunities that arise more broadly in the clean energy economy. The Trade Ally Navigator plays a pivotal role in the implementation of the Contractor Development Pathway, a program that directly supports the advancement of people and organizations who have been historically and presently marginalized in the energy sector and building trades. This role demonstrates that when provided with access and support, small BIPOC organizations can not only participate in the clean energy economy, but also innovate and lead.
The Trade Ally Navigator reports directly to the Program Manager, Contractor Development and is part of the Workforce and Small Business Development Team. This position is located in the state of Oregon and is currently remote.
- Guide contractors through the Contractor Development Pathway.
- Assess technical and business needs of contractors and co-create development plans with businesses.
- Provide energy efficiency consulting to BIPOC contractors seeking business with the Energy Trust of Oregon.
- Tailor services and program solutions to contractor needs and goals.
- Provide technical and business feedback to contractors as they perform energy efficiency projects.
- Advise on curriculum development based on contractor feedback and program results.
- Collaborate and develop relationships with diverse project partners and local organizations.
- Represent Elevate at public speaking engagements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years in energy efficiency program implementation
- Skilled at managing and developing partnerships
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Certification in industry credential preferred, e.g. BPI, LEED, CPM
- Self-starter and team player
- Driver’s license and access to reliable transportation
- Ability to travel up to 30 percent of the time
We design and implement programs that reduce costs, protect people and the environment, and ensure the benefits of clean and efficient energy use reach those who need them most.
At Elevate, the greatest asset of our organization is the kind of people we attract. Elevate employees co-create our energetic and collaborative environment, where constant learning and service to others take priority. We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of innovation and we seek dynamic, hardworking team members who are inspired to work with people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Every day we make a difference by placing our team, clients, and community partners first. From our mission to our focus on staff wellbeing and career development opportunities, there’s no better place to grow your career than Elevate.
Elevate is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age disability, veteran status, or marital status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through our candidate portal at https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/. Search for “Trade Ally Navigator ” to find the position listing.
Please note that Elevate will only contact candidates via an elevatenp.org email address. We will never ask a candidate for payment of any kind as part of the hiring or onboarding process or send payment to any candidate prior to completing the hiring and onboarding process.
No phone calls please.