The Senior Project Manager, Workforce and Contractor Development creates a meaningful impact by designing and implementing programs that increase the capacity and knowledge of diverse contractors and workers from historically-marginalized communities to participate in the clean energy economy. This position plays a pivotal role in supporting the growth of Elevate’s expanding portfolio of diverse workforce and contractor development in Illinois with rapidly expanding work in other parts of the country. This position also works closely with Elevate’s National Strategic Engagement team.
The Senior Project Manager, Workforce and Contractor Development reports to the Principal Director, Workforce Development. The position is located in Chicago, Illinois and is currently remote.
- Perform project development, implementation, and evaluation to support the development of an equitable, inclusive, and diverse workforce and contractor base in clean energy and water.
- Collaborate and engage with a broad range of diverse community partners.
- Support senior leadership with proposal writing by drafting narrative and scope for workforce and contractor development programs consistent with Elevate’s mission and vision.
- Identify solar and energy efficiency business opportunities for historically marginalized workers and contractors and create worker and contractor development program solutions.
- Independently and collaboratively design program solutions and create structured workplans and timelines to deliver those solutions.
- Develop curricula and create learning content tailored to diverse contractors that lead directly to accessing market opportunities in clean energy.
- Implement programs while closely tracking impact metrics, timelines, and budget.
- Take initiative and provide needed follow-up to ensure programs stay on time, stay on track, and meet objectives.
- Convene and facilitate discussions with internal and external partners.
- Align opportunities with appropriate resources to maximize positive impact to workforce members and contractors from historically marginalized communities.
- Research, engage, and strategically partner with training providers and business service providers.
- Evaluate programs and carry lessons learned forward in future program development.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 5-7 years in energy efficiency program implementation or equivalent understanding of energy/construction markets and related hard skills and power skills needed to complete installations
- Strong program design, implementation, and management skills
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to engage, consult, and provide leadership to multiple audiences including utility stakeholders, community organizations, contractors, funders, and internal stakeholders around best practices.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with multiple diverse teams.
We design and implement programs that reduce costs, protect people and the environment, and ensure the benefits of clean and efficient energy use reach those who need them most.
At Elevate, the greatest asset of our organization is the kind of people we attract. Elevate employees co-create our energetic and collaborative environment, where constant learning and service to others take priority. We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of innovation and we seek dynamic, hardworking team members who are inspired to work with people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Every day we make a difference by placing our team, clients, and community partners first. From our mission to our focus on staff wellbeing and career development opportunities, there’s no better place to grow your career than Elevate.
Elevate is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or marital status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through our candidate portal at https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/. Search for “Senior Project Manager, Workforce and Contractor Development” to find the position listing.
Please note that Elevate will only contact candidates via an elevatenp.org email address. We will never ask a candidate for payment of any kind as part of the hiring or onboarding process or send payment to any candidate prior to completing the hiring and onboarding process.
No phone calls please.