The Senior Project Manager is responsible for managing the Cook County Residential Retrofit Program, leading internal teams in the successful implementation of residential energy efficiency retrofits. The Senior Project Manager works to integrate healthy housing into Elevate’s energy and water efficiency work. The ideal candidate for this dynamic position is an experienced project manager with public sector grants and/or construction projects, and someone with a strong passion for sustainability and healthy housing.
The Senior Project Manager reports directly to the Associate Director, Environmental Health and works closely with Elevate’s customer service, finance, legal, technical and construction teams to manage project deliverables. This position is located in Chicago, Illinois and is currently remote.
- Manage the implementation of the Cook County Residential Retrofits Program for qualified participants, from determining income eligibility to project completion.
- Manage strong external relationships with Cook County Departments, partners, utilities, and community leaders.
- Work closely with internal teams such as the Partnerships, Development, and Legal teams to meet deliverables and ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local regulations.
- Monitor the execution of the program, including managing program metrics, risks, and adjustments to the work plan as needed.
- Manage the program to deliver projects that meet the funders deliverables on time and on budget.
- Meet program reporting requirements, including weekly, monthly, quarterly, and other external stakeholder reporting requirements on a timely basis.
- Develop systems to support the program including Salesforce and shared services teams.
- Lead outreach efforts including material development, speaking engagements, and engagement strategy with key partners.
- Support resource planning at the organizational level and coordinate with other internal teams working with a similar population.
- Actively participate in team activities.
- Maintain expertise in current energy topics and literature.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Engineering, Public Health, or equivalent experience required
- Five to seven (5-7) years of project management experience required
- Experience in public sector contract or grant management strongly preferred
- Experience designing and launching programs preferred
- Working knowledge of Salesforce or similar CRM system preferred
- Experience working with various types of data including health information and energy use data
- Experience working with public agencies and community outreach
- Experience implementing environmental health and related projects
- Demonstrates initiative and leadership skills and ability to work within clients’ confidentiality requirements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to manage teams, work independently and as part of a team as well as manage and coordinate day-to-day project related activities
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines with high degree of accuracy
- Seeks to increase quality of service, customer satisfaction
- Identifies opportunities for improvement and makes constructive suggestions for change.
- Remains on the forefront of emerging building related environmental health and energy industry practices
We design and implement programs that reduce costs, protect people and the environment, and ensure the benefits of clean and efficient energy use reach those who need them most.
At Elevate, the greatest asset of our organization is the kind of people we attract. Elevate employees co-create our energetic and collaborative environment, where constant learning and service to others take priority. We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of innovation and we seek dynamic, hardworking team members who are inspired to work with people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Every day we make a difference by placing our team, clients, and community partners first. From our mission to our focus on staff wellbeing and career development opportunities, there’s no better place to grow your career than Elevate.
Elevate is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or marital status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through our candidate portal at https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/. Search for “Senior Project Manager, Cook County Residential Retrofits” to find the position listing.
Please note that Elevate will only contact candidates via an elevatenp.org email address. We will never ask a candidate for payment of any kind as part of the hiring or onboarding process or send payment to any candidate prior to completing the hiring and onboarding process.
No phone calls please.