The Senior Program Manager, Building Electrification Programs is responsible for managing projects to implement building electrification retrofits in coordination with internal Elevate staff and external Weatherization Assistance Program partners. This role supports Elevate’s strategic goals to decarbonize buildings and support climate equity and is part of the senior leadership team. Responsibilities involve aspects of program management, deployment, workforce development, research and innovation, and technical assistance. This position is an opportunity to advance decarbonization projects in the Midwest, with a focus on accelerating the adoption of energy efficiency and heat pump technologies.
The Senior Program Manager reports directly to the Director, Building Electrification. This position is based in the Midwest, but is currently remote and can be located anywhere in the United States or in Chicago, Illinois, where our headquarters are located.
- Support electrification efforts across building types (single and multifamily) and programs within Elevate.
- Manage regular team check-ins, funder reporting, and grant invoicing.
- Manage relationships with sub-contractors.
- Review existing weatherization processes and funding structures and complete process mapping for integrating electrification retrofits.
- Present summaries of program analysis to internal teams and external funders on a regular basis.
- Work closely with Research and Innovation, Engineering, and Construction departments at Elevate to analyze cost effectiveness and make broader recommendations for the expansion of Weatherization + Electrification processes.
- Develop and implement a Weatherization + Electrification Operations Guide.
- Identify and work with stakeholders in Weatherization Assistance Programs in Cook County, Illinois and Dane County, Wisconsin.
- Oversee program schedules and deliverables, including key milestones.
- Coordinate internally across program teams.
- Support process development, including assessment and construction best practices.
- Track key outcomes, including estimates of carbon and energy savings for 900+ units.
- Produce a roadmap for integrating Electrification retrofits into Weatherization Assistance Programs nationally.
- Develop materials for funder communications and reporting.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Graduate degree or equivalent work experience in energy and sustainability, engineering, and/or business administration preferred
- Excellent people skills
- Demonstrated track record of project management experience
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Experience in energy program design and implementation
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines with high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work as a collaborative team member and communicate with all staff levels
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to help develop and establish team processes and routines
- Excellent time management skills with the proven ability to meet deadlines
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Demonstrated professional maturity and capacity to maintain confidentiality requirements of Elevate and various funders
We design and implement programs that reduce costs, protect people and the environment, and ensure the benefits of clean and efficient energy use reach those who need them most.
At Elevate, the greatest asset of our organization is the kind of people we attract. Elevate employees co-create our energetic and collaborative environment, where constant learning and service to others take priority. We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of innovation and we seek dynamic, hardworking team members who are inspired to work with people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Every day we make a difference by placing our team, clients, and community partners first. From our mission to our focus on staff wellbeing and career development opportunities, there’s no better place to grow your career than Elevate.
Elevate is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or marital status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through our candidate portal at https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/. Search for “Senior Program Manager, Building Electrification Programs” to find the position listing.
Please note that Elevate will only contact candidates via an elevatenp.org email address. We will never ask a candidate for payment of any kind as part of the hiring or onboarding process or send payment to any candidate prior to completing the hiring and onboarding process.
No phone calls please.