Elevate’s Senior Engineer will support Elevate’s programs by leading teams in and/or developing: studies, plans, criteria, specifications, calculations, evaluations, design documents, performance assessments, retro-commissioning studies or plans, integrated systems analysis, cost estimates, and/or budgets. The Senior Engineer provides consultation and recommendations to the organization within and to other business units and/or customers as a result of studying company or customer-owned systems, processes, equipment, or facilities. The Senior Engineer reports to the Director of Engineering, working closely with Elevate’s program managers and teams. The Senior Engineer will collaborate closely with other Elevate staff on projects related to improving building performance and advancing energy efficiency.
- Lead and perform assignments in specialized areas requiring extensive engineering expertise.
- Lead and perform engineering tasks associated with a critical or analytical engineering project or a small number of complex projects that require specialized knowledge in many areas, which may include energy efficiency, renewable energy, net zero, or decarbonization.
- Participate in department planning, provide budget recommendations, and monitor project performance to ensure achievement of desired outcomes.
- Perform assignments while acting independently.
- May lead multi-discipline teams.
- Serve as an expert in specialized areas such as energy modeling, energy efficiency measures, HVAC, building controls, retro-commissioning and provides expert opinions as required.
- Provide training and/or guidance to Engineering team members and others within Elevate.
- Participate in technical and industry societies and committees to enhance knowledge of new technologies or issues in areas of company interest.
- Research and assess new and innovative energy efficiency measures.
- Collaborate on improving energy program design and program delivery processes.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Graduate degree or Graduate level work in Engineering, Business Administration, or Project Management Certification preferred
- Professional Engineer License preferred
- Relevant work experience rooted in a solid building science foundation
- Retro-commissioning or commissioning experience
- Ability to analyze and interpret complex electrical and mechanical systems
- Knowledge and ability to apply problem solving approaches and engineering theory
- Knowledge of engineering designs, principles, and practices
- Thorough knowledge and experience in unique areas of engineering expertise, specifically building controls, HVAC, and HVAC controls
- Detailed knowledge of applicable standards, codes methods, and practices unique to areas of expertise
- Working knowledge of energy efficiency concepts and related measures
- Ability to apply advanced engineering principles to identify and resolve complex issues
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate with all management levels
We design and implement programs that reduce costs, protect people and the environment, and ensure the benefits of clean and efficient energy use reach those who need them most.
At Elevate, the greatest asset of our organization is the kind of people we attract. Elevate employees co-create our energetic and collaborative environment, where constant learning and service to others take priority. We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of innovation and we seek dynamic, hardworking team members who are inspired to work with people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Every day we make a difference by placing our team, clients, and community partners first. From our mission to our focus on staff well-being and career development opportunities, there’s no better place to grow your career than Elevate.
Elevate is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or marital status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through our candidate portal at http://elevateenergy.appone.com/. Search for “Senior Engineer” to find the position listing.
Please note that Elevate will only contact candidates via an elevatenp.org email address. We will never ask a candidate for payment of any kind as part of the hiring or onboarding process or send payment to any candidate prior to completing the hiring and onboarding process.
No phone calls please.