The Senior Associate, Water Programs supports the implementation of Elevate’s water safety initiatives. The Senior Associate, Water Programs assists with data analysis, reporting, customer service, and training activities for Elevate’s lead in water testing and mitigation programs. The Senior Associate, Water Programs is a key member in the planning and execution of Elevate’s water safety programs and in maintaining productive relationships with government agencies and the child care community. This position must maintain expertise in current water safety topics and be flexible in supporting water affordability, efficiency, and stormwater initiatives at Elevate.
The Senior Associate, Water Programs reports directly to the Senior Manager, Water Programs and works closely with the Project Manager, Water Programs and staff across business units as needed. This position is located in Chicago, Illinois and is currently virtual.
- Lead day-to-day coordination activities to support Elevate’s lead in water testing and mitigation programs.
- Help oversee and manage program applications, lead testing data, file transfers with state agencies, and reporting requirements.
- Ensure the quality, consistency, and accuracy of program data.
- Identify actual or potential problems with data and facilitate solutions with the Water Team.
- Coordinate the logistics of mitigation assessments and plumbing work with child care providers and plumbing contractors.
- Provide mitigation plan support to child care providers.
- Support outreach efforts including program material development, lead safety trainings, and engagement strategy with key program partners.
- Support the Water Team’s mission to provide clean, safe, and affordable water for Illinois residents and throughout the Great Lakes region.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1-3 years of experience in water, public health, public policy, urban planning, and/or environmental sciences
- Project coordination/management experience required
- Knowledge and expertise on lead testing protocols and mitigation strategies highly desired
- Excellent customer service and verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, work with a team, and manage and coordinate day-to-day project related activities
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and broad problem-solving skills
- Highly organized and able to make high-quality, fast-paced decisions
- Experience managing large datasets
- Ability to track and report on program progress
- Advanced experience with a CRM platform such as Salesforce
- Ability to collaborate, inspire, and engage internal and external colleagues
- Bilingual in Spanish is highly desirable, but not required
We design and implement programs that reduce costs, protect people and the environment, and ensure the benefits of clean and efficient energy use reach those who need them most.
At Elevate, the greatest asset of our organization is the kind of people we attract. Elevate employees co-create our energetic and collaborative environment, where constant learning and service to others take priority. We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of innovation and we seek dynamic, hardworking team members who are inspired to work with people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Every day we make a difference by placing our team, clients, and community partners first. From our mission to our focus on staff wellbeing and career development opportunities, there’s no better place to grow your career than Elevate.
Elevate is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or marital status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through our candidate portal at http://elevateenergy.appone.com/. Search for “Senior Associate, Water Programs” to find the position listing.
Please note that Elevate will only contact candidates via an elevatenp.org email address. We will never ask a candidate for payment of any kind as part of the hiring or onboarding process or send payment to any candidate prior to completing the hiring and onboarding process.
No phone calls please.