The Senior Associate, Water Programs works on initiatives to increase access to clean and affordable drinking water for residents in the Great Lakes region. The Senior Associate leads research and data analysis projects to better understand the scale and scope of water affordability challenges in our region, and leads community education and interviews to support lead service line replacement. The Senior Associate also supports business development, policy, and stakeholder relation activities for Elevate’s water programs.
The Senior Associate, Water Programs reports directly to the Senior Manager, Water Programs and works closely with staff across business units as needed. This position is located in Chicago, Illinois and is currently remote.
- Support the design and implementation of Elevate’s water affordability and water safety initiatives.
- Help oversee and manage a research initiative to better understand the scale and scope of water debt levels in the Great Lakes region, including its impact on residents and potential solutions.
- Help lead an initiative to provide community education and outreach on lead in water safety, including community workshops and listening sessions to better understand community concerns and questions around lead service line replacement.
- Write reports, briefs, and analyses that describe, interpret, and communicate findings from the lead in water safety and affordability initiatives.
- Conduct literature reviews and host interviews to enhance Elevate’s understanding of water safety and affordability challenges and opportunities.
- Assess the status of Elevate’s water affordability and safety projects, identify actual or potential problems with data or projects, and facilitate solutions in consultation with the Senior Manager, Water Programs.
- Help manage relationships with community partners, water utilities, and community leaders to grow opportunities for Elevate’s water programs and initiatives.
- Support outreach efforts including material development, speaking engagements, and engagement strategy with key partners.
- Respond professionally to feedback from clients, team members, and management.
- Assist with business planning and funder relation activities for the water programs.
- Support the Water team’s mission to provide clean, safe, and affordable water for Illinois residents and throughout the Great Lakes region.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
- One to three years of experience in water, public health, public policy, urban planning, and/or environmental sciences
- Project coordination/management experience required
- Knowledge and expertise on water affordability and safety issues impacting residents in the Great Lakes region highly desired
- Excellent customer service and verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to work independently, work with a team, and manage and coordinate day-to-day project related activities
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and broad problem-solving skills
- Highly organized and able to make high-quality, fast-paced decisions
- Ability to track and report on program progress
- Ability to collaborate, inspire, and engage internal and external colleagues
- Bilingual Spanish/English is highly desirable, but not required
At Elevate, the greatest asset of our organization is the kind of people we attract. Elevate employees co-create our energetic and collaborative environment, where constant learning and service to others take priority. We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of innovation and we seek dynamic, hardworking team members who are inspired to work with people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Every day we make a difference by placing our team, clients, and community partners first. From our mission to our focus on staff wellbeing and career development opportunities, there’s no better place to grow your career than Elevate.
Elevate is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age disability, veteran status, or marital status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through our candidate portal at http://elevateenergy.appone.com/. Search for “Senior Associate, Water Programs” to find the position listing.
Please note that Elevate will only contact candidates via an elevatenp.org email address. We will never ask a candidate for payment of any kind as part of the hiring or onboarding process or send payment to any candidate prior to completing the hiring and onboarding process.
No phone calls please.