The Senior Associate, Marketing leads the development and execution of annual marketing and communications plans to achieve Elevate’s program enrollment goals and improve the program experience. The Senior Associate, Marketing is responsible for setting best practices around print and digital marketing efforts. The Senior Associate, Marketing leads strategic marketing efforts for Elevate’s smart electricity options, including ComEd’s Hourly Pricing, and assists in the launch of new Elevate programs. This role is part of the Marketing, Communications, and Community Outreach leadership team.
The Senior Associate, Marketing provides consultation and collaboration with a variety of programs and departments across the organization. This role is highly collaborative and requires individuals with strong interpersonal skills and an interest in growing their management skills and responsibility. The Senior Associate, Marketing must be highly detailed-oriented and have a demonstrated record as a creative thinker and project leader. As part of Elevate’s Marketing and Communications team, the Senior Associate, Marketing is expected to look for synergies in program promotion and operations that will improve Elevate’s systems and program delivery.
The Senior Associate, Marketing reports to the Director, Marketing. The position is located in Chicago, Illinois and is currently virtual.
- Develop, implement, and manage strategic marketing and communications plans for utility smart electricity options administered by Elevate.
- Work with the requisite business units and staff to analyze market data and develop strategic marketing and communications plans for Elevate’s other programs.
- Create and present marketing and communications plans to external clients.
- Collaborate with program managers to develop and maintain marketing budgets.
- Ensure marketing and communications plans are executed properly and program goals are met on time and on budget.
- Build on existing systems to track the effectiveness of program marketing strategies.
- Incorporate consumer insights and relevant market research to increase brand awareness.
- Identify customer needs and opportunities to modify program design to ensure high customer satisfaction and better achieve organizational and program goals.
- Manage integrated print and digital marketing and communications campaigns from initiation to close, ensuring high-quality pieces reach the correct audiences and remain consistent with strict Elevate and utility brand guidelines.
- Lead cross-functional teams in the development of campaigns and other high-value projects.
- Design templates and emails campaigns in Salesforce Marketing Cloud utilizing HTML/CSS and tools such as Litmus, Journey Builder, and AMPScript.
- Within Salesforce Marketing Cloud, maintain process documents, optimize email automation and customer journeys, troubleshoot issues, ensure CAN-SPAM compliance, manage subscribers and data extensions, perform maintenance and administrative duties, and find new ways to leverage the platform.
- Track, analyze, and report on campaign performance and ROI to ensure program goals are met and marketing budgets are being used effectively.
- Proactively identify and provide solutions for gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Function as a resource for other team members by leading team trainings and reviewing print and digital content for all programs as needed.
- Act as marketing subject matter expert, advising and making actionable recommendations to stakeholders on Elevate’s strategic initiatives and other projects.
- Assist business units within the organization by editing documents, creating email campaigns, and performing other marketing and communications tasks as needed.
- Travel within the Chicago region when necessary and work some occasional nights and weekends.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a similar field required
- Four or more years of experience in marketing, communications, content marketing, advertising, or a similar field required
- Highly detail-oriented
- Solution-oriented problem solver and critical thinker
- Proven public speaking, copywriting, and copyediting skills
- Willingness and ability to coach and mentor colleagues
- Ability to serve as team expert on new technology and tactics
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud or similar ESP
- Intermediate knowledge of HTML and CSS in relation to email design
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience managing projects and timelines
- Project management skills and understanding of project management best practices
- Proven ability to manage and move forward multiple project priorities with minimal supervision
- Experience communicating, influencing, and collaborating across multiple teams and leadership
- Passion for Elevate’s mission
We design and implement programs that reduce costs, protect people and the environment, and ensure the benefits of clean and efficient energy use reach those who need them most.
At Elevate, the greatest asset of our organization is the kind of people we attract. Elevate employees co-create our energetic and collaborative environment, where constant learning and service to others take priority. We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of innovation and we seek dynamic, hardworking team members who are inspired to work with people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Every day we make a difference by placing our team, clients, and community partners first. From our mission to our focus on staff well-being and career development opportunities, there’s no better place to grow your career than Elevate.
Elevate is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or marital status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through our candidate portal at http://elevateenergy.appone.com/. Search for “Senior Associate, Marketing” to find the position listing.
Please note that Elevate will only contact candidates via an elevatenp.org email address. We will never ask a candidate for payment of any kind as part of the hiring or onboarding process or send payment to any candidate prior to completing the hiring and onboarding process.
No phone calls please.