The Senior Associate, Customer Engagement, leads several customer-facing aspects of delivering the Multi-Family Energy Savings program funded by the northern Illinois utilities to ensure a seamless and smooth customer experience. The goal of this program is to implement energy efficiency improvements that save energy and reduce costs for building owners and their tenants. The role is responsible for developing and overseeing implementation of a broad marketing and outreach plan for all multi-family building owners in the ComEd territory. The Senior Associate, Customer Engagement, is highly skilled at communicating with internal and external audiences, including utilities, consultants, customers, and project colleagues. The Senior Associate, Customer Engagement, is a member of the marketing business unit and closely collaborates with staff across the organization.
The Senior Associate, Customer Engagement, reports directly to the Director, Marketing. This position is located in Chicago, Illinois, and is currently remote.
- Ensures activities across the program support center, marketing, and outreach are aligned with program goals to best meet customer needs.
- Partners with the program support center to coordinate customer communications activities, including call center support, initial intake, and scheduling with customers.
- Partners with the outreach team to coordinate activities, including conducting outreach to community groups, maintaining relationships with key stakeholders, holding events, and other tactics to promote the offerings and ultimately enroll customers.
- Partners with the marketing team to develop program materials, including incentive applications, program flyers, fact sheets, case studies, customer satisfaction surveys, and event presentations.
- Develops metrics for measuring outcomes from the outreach, marketing, call center, and intake processes and coordinates closely with Elevate’s program partners to report on these metrics.
- Incorporates best practices in outreach, marketing, call center, and intake operations and identifies training needs and process changes.
- Assists in business development, strategic planning, budgeting, and mentoring entry-level team members
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, sustainability, or related field preferred
- Four or more years of related experience, with at least two years of marketing experience
- Experience performing customer marketing, intake, and outreach tasks
- Strong problem-solving and communications skills and a drive for excellent customer service
- Understanding of utility energy efficiency incentive programs in Elevate’s service territories
- Knowledge of marketing and outreach tactics needed to reach multi-family property owners
- Familiarity with Salesforce or a customer relationship management system
- Familiarity with business development strategies preferred
- Capacity to manage complex situations and a high volume of work
- Solid verbal and written business communication skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines with a high degree of accuracy
- Works well both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to pivot quickly from situation to situation.
We design and implement programs that reduce costs, protect people and the environment, and ensure the benefits of clean and efficient energy use reach those who need them most.
At Elevate, the greatest asset of our organization is the kind of people we attract. Elevate employees co-create our energetic and collaborative environment, where constant learning and service to others take priority. We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of innovation, and we seek dynamic, hardworking team members who are inspired to work with people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Every day we make a difference by placing our team, clients, and community partners first. From our mission to our focus on staff wellbeing and career development opportunities, there’s no better place to grow your career than Elevate.
Elevate is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or marital status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through our candidate portal at https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/. Search for “Senior Associate, Customer Engagement” to find the position listing.
Please note that Elevate will only contact candidates via an elevatenp.org email address. We will never ask a candidate for payment of any kind as part of the hiring or onboarding process or send payment to any candidate prior to completing the hiring and onboarding process.
No phone calls please.