Senior Associate, Community Engagement II
The Illinois Solar for All (ILSFA) Senior Associate, Community Engagement II leads several community-facing aspects of the delivery of the ILSFA Home Repairs Pilot, working across functional teams and with external partners. The ILSFA program, directed by the Illinois Power Agency and administered by Elevate, aims to deliver the benefits of solar and the clean energy economy to lower income and environmental justice communities across Illinois. The ILSFA Senior Associate, Community Engagement II oversees the implementation of a Home Repairs Pilot that provides additional incentives to ILSFA Approved Vendors to complete home repairs and upgrades necessary for solar installation on income-eligible homes within Illinois or future pilots or program initiatives that similarly address barriers to participation. This position is also responsible for coordinating with other state, federal, and non-profit programs that provide home repairs and upgrades to eligible households.
The Senior Associate, Community Engagement II reports directly to the Director, ILSFA. This position is located in Chicago, Illinois and is currently remote, with some elements of work taking place in communities identified by the program.
- Serve as a point of contact for Approved Vendors on the Home Repairs Pilot.
- Work closely with the vendor management team to provide educational trainings and workshops to Approved Vendors on the Home Repairs Pilot.
- Manage budget, timelines, planning, and pilot deliverables; develop metrics for measuring pilot outcomes and track and report on these metrics and pilot learnings.
- Communicate internally and externally with Approved Vendors, partners/consultants, participants, and internal project team to report on current activities and key metrics.
- Work closely with Residential Solar pilot and Grassroots Education teams to coordinate engagement.
- Work with Elevate’s marketing and communication teams to create new materials to communicate on the pilot across Illinois with information on ILSFA and increase program participation, including incentive applications, program flyers, fact sheets, case studies, customer satisfaction surveys, and event presentations.
- Partner with the community resource team to coordinate outreach efforts, including conducting outreach to community groups, maintaining relationships with key stakeholders, holding outreach events, and other tactics to spread word about ILSFA and ultimately enroll participants.
- Ensure activities across the Program Support Center, marketing and communications, and community resource teams are aligned with program goals to best meet participant needs and align with consumer protection best practices.
- Identify and form ongoing partnerships and communications with other federal, state, municipal, or non-profit organizations that provide home repair funding and facilitate referrals to those programs as appropriate.
- Assist in identifying training needs, process changes, and reporting capabilities that come as a result of program enhancements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, sustainability, or related field preferred, or up to seven (7) years of related experience
- Experience with community outreach
- Familiarity with home repair construction contractors and/or typical costs and practices strongly preferred
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills and a drive for excellent customer service
- Knowledge of marketing and outreach tactics needed to reach income-eligible property owners
- Familiarity with Salesforce or a customer relationship management system preferred
- Capacity to manage a high volume of work and complex situations
- Solid verbal and written business communication
- Familiarity with Illinois and/or Chicago metropolitan area, its communities, community organizations, and leaders preferred, and familiarity or willingness to become familiar with other regions in throughout Illinois
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines with a high degree of accuracy
- Works well both independently and as part of a team
- Passion for environmental issues, economic and social justice, and/or renewable energy and ability to work effectively with individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds and political beliefs
We design and implement programs that reduce costs, protect people and the environment, and ensure the benefits of clean and efficient energy use reach those who need them most.
At Elevate, the greatest asset of our organization is the kind of people we attract. Elevate employees co-create our energetic and collaborative environment, where constant learning and service to others take priority. We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of innovation and we seek dynamic, hardworking team members who are inspired to work with people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Every day we make a difference by placing our team, clients, and community partners first. From our mission to our focus on staff wellbeing and career development opportunities, there’s no better place to grow your career than Elevate.
The total compensation for this position includes health and welfare benefits (medical, dental, vision, etc.), defined contribution benefit (401k with contribution), professional development, generous paid time off policies, and a flexible schedule. This is an exempt individual contributor position with a salary range of $65,000 – $75,000, based on experience and location.
Elevate is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or marital status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Elevate will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability so that they can perform the essential functions of a job unless doing so causes a direct threat to these individuals or others in the workplace, and the threat cannot be eliminated by reasonable accommodation, or if the accommodation creates an undue hardship to Elevate. Contact the People Team with any questions or requests for accommodations.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through our candidate portal at https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/. Search for “Senior Associate, Community Engagement II” to find the position listing.
Please note that Elevate will only contact candidates via an elevatenp.org email address. We will never ask a candidate for payment of any kind as part of the hiring or onboarding process or send payment to any candidate prior to completing the hiring and onboarding process.
No phone calls please.