The Project Manager, Water Programs contributes to a cleaner, safer, and healthier learning environment for Illinois children by leading the development and implementation of a new lead in water mitigation program for child care providers in Chicago. The program will provide mitigation services to child care providers needing to address sources of lead in their drinking water. The Project Manager is an integral member of Elevate’s Water Program team and will support other water projects and initiatives as needed. The Project Manager also collaborates closely with Elevate’s lead testing program for child care providers.
The Project Manager, Water Programs reports directly to the Senior Manager, Water Programs. This position is located in Chicago, Illinois and is currently virtual but will require some on-site work as needed.
- Lead the implementation of a lead in water remediation program for child care providers.
- Develop and execute the program work plan, including the budget, schedule, and resources.
- Monitor the execution of the program, including managing program metrics, risks, and adjustments to the work plan as needed.
- Carefully monitor and execute program financials, forecasts, accruals, and invoicing.
- Meet program reporting requirements, including weekly, monthly, quarterly, and other external stakeholder reporting requirements on a timely basis.
- Ensure the project complies with Elevate’s operational processes and project management tools such as the ERP system, Salesforce, etc.
- Maintain Salesforce (Elevate’s CRM database) records with new customers and ongoing projects.
- Conduct lessons learned sessions with the appropriate stakeholders, evaluate best practices, and develop new protocols as necessary to promote continuous improvement.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external teams, including Elevate’s Water, Program Management, Communications, and Technical Services teams, as well as child care providers and plumbing subcontractors.
- Work with Elevate’s Communications team on program-related materials, including applications, program education pieces, surveys, and other customer-facing marketing materials.
- Collaborate with Elevate’s lead testing program for child care providers.
- Work with Elevate’s Technical Services team and plumbing contractors to schedule and complete plumbing repair work at child care facilities.
- Work with technical and QA/QC teams to maintain and improve quality of the program.
- Stay up to date on drinking water issues and potential mitigation strategies.
- Present on program progress and findings to internal and external stakeholders.
- Analyze program data to identify market and business opportunities.
- Support the Water team’s mission to provide clean, safe, and affordable water for Illinois residents and throughout the Great Lakes region.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in related field or additional relevant education preferred
- Four or more years of project management experience of similar size projects required
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or similar certification preferred
- Working knowledge of project management processes and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to manage complex projects and client engagements
- Knowledge and expertise on lead testing protocols and mitigation strategies highly desired
- Advanced experience with a CRM platform such as Salesforce
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines with high degree of accuracy
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage and coordinate the day-to-day activities of a project team
- Bilingual in Spanish is highly desirable, but not required
We design and implement programs that reduce costs, protect people and the environment, and ensure the benefits of clean and efficient energy use reach those who need them most.
At Elevate, the greatest asset of our organization is the kind of people we attract. Elevate employees co-create our energetic and collaborative environment, where constant learning and service to others take priority. We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of innovation and we seek dynamic, hardworking team members who are inspired to work with people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Every day we make a difference by placing our team, clients, and community partners first. From our mission to our focus on staff wellbeing and career development opportunities, there’s no better place to grow your career than Elevate.
Elevate is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or marital status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through our candidate portal at http://elevateenergy.appone.com/. Search for “Project Manager, Water Programs” to find the position listing.
Please note that Elevate will only contact candidates via an elevatenp.org email address. We will never ask a candidate for payment of any kind as part of the hiring or onboarding process or send payment to any candidate prior to completing the hiring and onboarding process.
No phone calls please.