Program Manager, Michigan Municipal and Community Programs
The Program Manager, National Strategic Engagement (NSE) engages and manages client relationships, develops and leads projects, and leads program implementation for specific initiatives related to affordable housing and sustainable communities with an emphasis on energy and water efficiency and renewable energy. The Program Manager, NSE collaborates across the organization with all departments as well as with key partner organizations. The Program Manager, NSE plays an integral role in developing several programs in partnership with the City of Ann Arbor and other local nonprofits. The Program Manager also supports programs, as needed, across Michigan.
The Program Manager reports directly to the Senior Program Manager, Michigan Municipal and Community Programs. This position is based in Southeast Michigan and is currently remote.
- Lead programs and oversee projects in the Michigan market, specifically in Ann Arbor.
- Support the development and launch of energy efficiency and electrification programs and projects at the intersection of Elevate’s mission and the needs of local communities.
- Craft, implement, and support adoption of methods to increase community power.
- Build trust and cultivate relationships that align with mission-oriented projects, supporting and redirecting resources to those who are most impacted by climate change.
- Support and amplify community-led efforts to protect land and housing rights and build resiliency in Ann Arbor and Southeast Michigan.
- Oversee program and project teams that include staff from across Elevate and partner organizations.
- Coordinate across teams and with partner organizations on projects and support client delivery of programs.
- Communicate regular project/program updates and results to internal staff and external stakeholders.
- Build and maintain relationships with key partners and clients in the Michigan market.
- Support client engagement across Michigan, including conducting customer outreach, preparing for and participating in client meetings, developing proposals, and coordinating with partnership managers across teams.
- Represent Elevate with local, state, and national energy efficiency stakeholders at meetings, conferences, etc.
- Stay current on affordable housing policies, energy efficiency and green design trends, and available financial and program offerings for building owners, developers, municipalities, and community-based organizations.
- Center the lives and voices of economically disadvantaged and Black, Brown, and Indigenous people and communities.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required or relevant lived experience; Master’s degree and/or relevant lived or professional experience in related field or additional relevant education preferred
- At least three (3+) years of experience in energy, climate, equity, or other related work/graduate education, 5+ years preferred
- Commitment to Elevate’s mission and racial equity statement
- Skilled in listening and amplifying the voices and vision of the community
- Experience developing and coordinating values-driven, community-rooted programming
- Ability to foster meaningful and authentic relationships that are supportive and inclusive across internal team, external partners, and municipal clients
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, as well as facilitate collaboration and accountability
- Experience successfully managing projects on time and on budget
- Comfortable navigating change and uncertainty
- Willingness to travel as required
Elevate seeks to create a just and equitable world in which everyone has clean and affordable heat, power, and water in their homes and communities — no matter who they are or where they live. Our programs, policy agenda, and partners reflect this commitment.
At Elevate, the greatest asset of our organization is the kind of people we attract. Elevate employees co-create our energetic and collaborative environment, where constant learning and service to others take priority. We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of innovation and we seek dynamic, hardworking team members who are inspired to work with people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Every day we make a difference by placing our team, clients, and community partners first. From our mission to our focus on staff well-being and career development opportunities, there’s no better place to grow your career than Elevate.
Elevate is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age disability, veteran status, or marital status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through our candidate portal at https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/. Search for “Program Manager, Michigan Municipal and Community Programs” to find the position listing.
Please note that Elevate will only contact candidates via an elevatenp.org email address. We will never ask a candidate for payment of any kind as part of the hiring or onboarding process or send payment to any candidate prior to completing the hiring and onboarding process.
No phone calls please.