The Policy Manager supports Elevate’s programs by representing Elevate in external policy forums, maintaining relationships with partners, developing and implementing policy strategies, and managing policy projects. The role crafts and advocates for policy positions. The Policy Manager tracks relevant legislation and administrative actions and educates Elevate leadership and staff on relevant government proposals and decisions. The Policy Manager creates and manages deliverables in a variety of policy-related projects and is responsible for project management activities as needed.
The Policy Manager reports to the Principal Director, Policy. This position is located in the Midwest and is currently remote.
- Participate in legislative, regulatory, and stakeholder processes and coalitions related to Elevate’s programs and mission.
- Represent Elevate at a variety of policy forums, including speaking engagements and events that may occasionally occur outside daytime working hours.
- Develop, support, and maintain relationships with external stakeholders and internal customers.
- Educate Elevate leadership and staff on policy conditions related to program areas.
- Develop and deliver Elevate positions and advocacy materials based on research and Elevate expertise.
- Coordinate between policy, communications, research, and program teams, as well as external stakeholders.
- Track state legislation, regulatory proceedings, and agency actions.
- Prepare policy analysis for inclusion in program deliverables.
- Support Elevate on policy-related grants, including budgeting and reporting.
- Apply Elevate’s project management processes where needed.
- Travel as necessary, including to Elevate’s Chicago headquarters.
- Perform other duties as required.
- 5-10 years of experience in clean energy policy development and implementation
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to work as a collaborative team member
- Strong relationship-building, negotiating, and policy analysis skills
- Strong interest in and knowledge of the electricity and natural gas industries, workforce development, energy efficiency, electrification, and renewable energy preferred
- Empathy, honesty, transparency, and the ability to provide healthy, critical feedback
- Bachelor’s degree in public policy or related field
We design and implement programs that reduce costs, protect people and the environment, and ensure the benefits of clean and efficient energy use reach those who need them most.
At Elevate, the greatest asset of our organization is the kind of people we attract. Elevate employees co-create our energetic and collaborative environment, where constant learning and service to others take priority. We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of innovation and we seek dynamic, hardworking team members who are inspired to work with people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Every day we make a difference by placing our team, clients, and community partners first. From our mission to our focus on staff wellbeing and career development opportunities, there’s no better place to grow your career than Elevate.
Elevate is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or marital status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through our candidate portal at http://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/. Search for “Policy Manager” to find the position listing.
Please note that Elevate will only contact candidates via an elevatenp.org email address. We will never ask a candidate for payment of any kind as part of the hiring or onboarding process or send payment to any candidate prior to completing the hiring and onboarding process.
No phone calls please.