The Energy Efficiency Service Provider (EESP) Manager oversees the network of installation contractors that deliver energy efficiency measures to income eligible, public housing and market rate multifamily properties. EESPs are part of a closed network of highly qualified service providers that provide exceptional customer service to multifamily utility energy efficiency programs in Northern Illinois, contributing to program delivery and the success of energy efficiency programs, through various trades, including lighting, weatherization, mechanical, and health and safety. The EESP Manager ensures that the EESP network is inclusive, equitable, and represents the communities where programs are delivered.
The EESP Manager reports directly to the Associate Director, Technical and Construction Services and works closely with Program Management, Engineering, and Construction teams. This position is located in Chicago, Illinois and is currently remote.
- Manage a network of energy efficiency service providers (EESPs) that install measures in support of utility efficiency programs.
- Ensure participation requirements are met by EESPs including application materials, legal documentation, utility requirements, and ICC certification.
- Coordinate with internal and external teams, including Elevate’s Workforce Development team, as well as external partners supporting the Illinois Home Weatherization Assistance Program (IHWAP) multifamily offering to improve access and opportunity for community-based contractors owned by people of color and women.
- Build positive, mutual relationships with EESPs (particularly newly vetted or onboarded contractors) to ensure they have the support they need to be successful.
- Track and report key data and support program managers with project reporting.
- Monitor spend to EESPs on a regular basis using Salesforce CRM to review contractor participation, inclusion and equity, program goals, and trade data.
- Develop, maintain, and monitor processes designed to identify and connect EESPs with projects based on project goals.
- Assess what services or trades are a priority for recruiting and vetting due to gaps or capacity constraints and coordinate with internal and external teams to support.
- Organize EESP workshops.
- Coordinate EESP performance improvement plans as required.
- Solicit feedback from various Elevate teams, including Construction and Workforce, on any challenges or support needed for contractors to be successful.
- Support program managers in meeting production performance metrics monthly to achieve annual
- Learn and stay current on new energy efficiency and renewable industries’ standard operation practices and proven methodologies.
- Document activity log in Salesforce CRM to ensure visibility and data accuracy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Environmental Studies, Environmental Science, Sustainability, or Building Science preferred; or up to seven years of related experience
- Ability to understand technical utility energy efficiency program requirements and convey technical information to contractors, such as eligibility of specific equipment and documentation required to complete installations
- Strong problem-solving and negotiation skills and a drive for continuous process improvement
- In-depth understanding of utility energy efficiency incentive programs in Elevate service territories applicable to customers currently served
- Experience working with various contractor trades
- Familiarity with Salesforce or a customer relationship management system
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM) a plus
- Capacity to manage a high volume of work and complex situations
- Solid verbal and written business communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines with high degree of accuracy
- Ability to pivot quickly from situation to situation
- Works well independently and as part of a team
At Elevate, the greatest asset of our organization is the kind of people we attract. Elevate employees co-create our energetic and collaborative environment, where constant learning and service to others take priority. We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of innovation and we seek dynamic, hardworking team members who are inspired to work with people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Every day we make a difference by placing our team, clients, and community partners first. From our mission to our focus on staff wellbeing and career development opportunities, there’s no better place to grow your career than Elevate.
Elevate is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age disability, veteran status, or marital status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through our candidate portal at http://elevateenergy.appone.com/. Search for “Energy Efficiency Service Provider Manager” to find the position listing.
Please note that Elevate will only contact candidates via an elevatenp.org email address. We will never ask a candidate for payment of any kind as part of the hiring or onboarding process or send payment to any candidate prior to completing the hiring and onboarding process.
No phone calls please.