The Illinois Solar for All Program (ILSFA), directed by the Illinois Power Agency and administered by Elevate, aims to deliver the benefits of solar and the clean energy economy to low-income and environmental justice communities across Illinois. The Deputy Manager, ILSFA works closely with the ILSFA Program Manager in the administration of all program functions, supporting the management of solar vendors, project submittal processes, grassroots education, and communication with the Illinois Power Agency (IPA), electric utilities, and the Illinois Adjustable Block Program Administrator. This role coordinates across internal and external functional teams and stakeholders. This position requires familiarity with energy legislation, including interpretation and compliance as it pertains to Renewable Energy Contracts; excellent skills for managing time and priorities, complex data analysis, and excellent communications skills.
The Deputy Manager, ILSFA reports to the ILSFA Program Manager. The Deputy Manager, ILSFA will work closely with other managers and functional teams in conducting work related to the ILSFA program. This position is located in Chicago, Illinois and is currently remote.
- Serve a critical role in implementing the ILSFA program by coordinating internal and external functional teams to facilitate program delivery with a particular focus on data analysis, reporting, and Renewable Energy Credit (REC) contract management.
- Manage direct reports and provide day-to-day leadership, mentoring, and performance management.
- In collaboration with ILSFA leadership, support the management of multiple functional teams, ensuring exceptional program delivery, as well as developing, adhering to, and improving processes, protocols, and standard operating procedures.
- Develop and monitor program schedules, budgets, and achievement of program milestones and deliverables across the functional teams.
- Develop and manage ongoing program reporting including quarterly and annual program reports, Annual REC Delivery reports, program manuals, and other documentation.
- Support the ILSFA Program Manager in external communications and outreach activities in collaboration with the IPA and Elevate’s communications staff.
- Find opportunities to gain and maintain expertise in energy and renewables policy and procurement.
- Attend and participate in staff inter-departmental teams and meetings and assist in other departmental and/or organizational activities as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a technical field, such as renewable energy and sustainability, finance and economics, or energy engineering required
- Five or more years of successful U.S. energy industry experience strongly preferred in any of the following areas or in other similar and applicable areas: energy and renewables policy, renewable energy credits, energy management/trading, accounting or finance, or paralegal studies
- Familiarity with energy legislation, including interpretation and compliance as it pertains to renewable energy contracts
- Expert project and people management skills, PMP certification highly desired
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Exceptional organizational and coordination skills
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access, Visio, etc.)
- Experience with Salesforce preferred
- Ability to work well independently and collaboratively within a complex matrix organization
- Ability to independently leverage critical thinking skills to address project challenges
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines with high degree of accuracy
- Willingness to be a flexible team player adapting to priorities as needed
We design and implement programs that reduce costs, protect people and the environment, and ensure the benefits of clean and efficient energy use reach those who need them most.
At Elevate, the greatest asset of our organization is the kind of people we attract. Elevate employees co-create our energetic and collaborative environment, where constant learning and service to others take priority. We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of innovation and we seek dynamic, hardworking team members who are inspired to work with people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Every day we make a difference by placing our team, clients, and community partners first. From our mission to our focus on staff wellbeing and career development opportunities, there’s no better place to grow your career than Elevate.
Elevate is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or marital status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through our candidate portal at http://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/. Search for “Deputy Manager, Illinois Solar For All” to find the position listing.
Please note that Elevate will only contact candidates via an elevatenp.org email address. We will never ask a candidate for payment of any kind as part of the hiring or onboarding process or send payment to any candidate prior to completing the hiring and onboarding process.
No phone calls please.