The Construction Analyst is part of Elevate’s Construction Team in the Technical Services and Building Technology department. The Construction Analyst supports Elevate’s programs by providing technical support for energy efficiency and environmental health projects throughout the Chicagoland region. This includes energy and health and safety assessments, contractor walkthroughs, scope of work development, contractor proposal review, contractor coordination, and quality oversight for work complete. The Construction Analyst also serves as a technical reference and provide project management support as needed.
The Construction Analyst reports to the Manager of Construction Services and works closely with the entire Technical Services and Building Technology department, as well as project and program managers. The position is based in Chicago and may require travel throughout the Midwest.
- Identify energy efficiency and health and safety opportunities in residential buildings.
- Provide technical support for project scope development.
- Review contractor proposals for energy efficiency and health and safety projects.
- Conduct building site visits to inspect contractor installations.
- Manage and coordinate contractor relationships and performance.
- Coordinate with building owners regarding scheduling, contractor installations, and inspections.
- Support the resolution of contractor issues, owner complaints and construction issues.
- Support Elevate’s contractor vetting process and performance monitoring.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- In-field construction and/or installation experience required
- Experience in developing and reviewing project scope of work
- Experience in mentoring or supervising tradespeople or contractors
- Working knowledge of weatherization measures and various HVAC systems
- Experience in health and safety and/or single-family housing preferred
- Experience in lead abatement project requirements preferred
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Desire to learn new processes and technologies
- Ability to use Microsoft Office software
- Attention to detail in documentation
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management software (e.g., Salesforce) preferred
- Valid driver’s license
At Elevate, the greatest asset of our organization is the kind of people we attract. Elevate employees co-create our energetic and collaborative environment, where constant learning and service to others take priority. We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of innovation and we seek dynamic, hardworking team members who are inspired to work with people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Every day we make a difference by placing our team, clients, and community partners first. From our mission to our focus on staff wellbeing and career development opportunities, there’s no better place to grow your career than Elevate.
Elevate is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age disability, veteran status, or marital status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through our candidate portal at http://elevateenergy.appone.com/. Search for “Construction Analyst” to find the position listing.
Please note that Elevate will only contact candidates via an elevatenp.org email address. We will never ask a candidate for payment of any kind as part of the hiring or onboarding process or send payment to any candidate prior to completing the hiring and onboarding process.
No phone calls please.