The Construction Analyst, Environmental Health supports Elevate’s programs by providing technical support for environmental health and energy efficiency projects throughout the Chicagoland region. This includes lead risk assessments, health and safety and energy assessments, contractor walkthroughs, scope of work development, contractor proposal review, contractor coordination, and quality oversight for work complete. The Construction Analyst, Environmental Health also serves as a technical reference for Elevate and provides project management support as needed.
The Construction Analyst reports to the Manager, Construction Services and works closely with the Construction, Technical Services, and Engineering teams, as well as project and program managers throughout the organization. This position is based in Chicago and may require travel throughout the Midwest.
- Conduct lead risk assessments and generate abatement scopes of work.
- Identify health and safety and energy efficiency opportunities in residential buildings.
- Provide technical support for environmental health programs.
- Review contractor proposals for lead abatement, health and safety, and energy efficiency projects.
- Conduct building site visits to provide construction oversight and project clearances.
- Support the resolution of contractor issues, owner complaints, and construction issues.
- Support Elevate’s contractor vetting process and performance monitoring.
- Coordinate with building owners and contractors regarding scheduling, installations, and site visits.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Lead Risk Assessor license required, or willing to obtain within 6 months of starting employment
- Current experience conducting lead risk assessments and generating abatement scopes of work
- Minimum 5 years of in-field construction/installation experience strongly preferred
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local laws and regulations around lead paint
- High school diploma required; some college preferred
- Experience generating and reviewing project scopes of work
- Experience mentoring or supervising tradespeople or contractors
- Working knowledge of weatherization measures and various HVAC systems
- Experience in hazardous conditions identification and mitigation
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Vigor and desire to learn new processes and technologies
- Ability to use Microsoft Office software
- Attention to detail and documentation
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management software such as Salesforce or Construction Management Software preferred
- Valid Driver’s License
At Elevate, the greatest asset of our organization is the kind of people we attract. Elevate employees co-create our energetic and collaborative environment, where constant learning and service to others take priority. We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of innovation and we seek dynamic, hardworking team members who are inspired to work with people of diverse backgrounds and perspectives. Every day we make a difference by placing our team, clients, and community partners first. From our mission to our focus on staff wellbeing and career development opportunities, there’s no better place to grow your career than Elevate.
Elevate is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or job applicant based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age disability, veteran status, or marital status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, termination, promotion, transfer, layoff, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and resume through our candidate portal at http://elevateenergy.appone.com/. Search for “Construction Analyst, Environmental Health” to find the position listing.
Please note that Elevate will only contact candidates via an elevatenp.org email address. We will never ask a candidate for payment of any kind as part of the hiring or onboarding process or send payment to any candidate prior to completing the hiring and onboarding process.
No phone calls please.